Monday, December 19, 2005

Father Time's on my back...

... at my heels... behind every door...

I turned 36 today... my first birthday at sea. I have to sing the praises of the JR's staff & crew: they went out of their way to make me feel special all day long.

The galley staff surprised me with a birthday cake (only two candles, bless their hearts), and everyone who was having lunch at the time sang Happy Birthday. Ginny was kind enough to take a photo, and took another in my "decorated" office.

Of course, everyone who celebrates a birthday out here receives the same treatment: I'm not a special case by any means. But as a first-timer, it's easy to feel like an outsider amongst crewmates who've sailed together for years. I'm grateful that Mike and the other techs have made me feel right at home - not just today, but for the entire leg. This is a great group of people with which to live and work. With folks like these, I can do two months out here standing on my head. :)


Mike & Mike in the Office

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home